instagram pinterest linkedin facebook twitter goodreads facebook circle twitter circle linkedin circle instagram circle goodreads circle pinterest circle

Insuring Liability Risks When Motor Homes or Trailers Are Used as a Secondary Residence

When trailers or motor homes are being used recreationally to explore from place to place, the auto policy that covers those vehicles covers liability for injuries and property damage to others, either in an automobile accident or while parked, as long as the injury or damage arose from the ownership, maintenance, or use of the vehicle. The auto policy covering the trailer, however, only covers the trailer while it is hooked up to the insured automobile pulling it. By contrast, the motor home policy covers liability arising from injuries or damage, whether it is being driven or parked. Neither policy covers liability when the vehicles are parked for injuries or property damage occurring on the site on which the vehicle sits. So where does one find that coverage?